Causes & Prevention of Diabetes
The pancreas makes a hormone called insulin that helps glucose get into the cells of our bodies. Insulin is a hormone, which allows your cells to get glucose to provide energy. When you have diabetes, your body does not make enough insulin and this causes glucose to build up in your blood. A blood test could determine either you have diabetes or not.
Types of Diabetes
• Type 1 Diabetes – Glucose can’t enter the cell
In type 1 diabetes, the body does not make insulin & increase the level of glucose in the blood
1. Extreme hunger
2. Increased thrust
3. Unintentional weight loss
4. Frequent urination
5. Blurry vision
7. Mood swing changes
• Type 2 Diabetes – Non-insulin receptor reaction
In type 2 diabetes, the body does not use insulin & may not make enough insulin. Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes. 90-95% of people have type 2 diabetes. Without enough insulin, glucose stays in your blood.
1. Increased hunger
2. Increased thrust
3. Increased urination
4. Blurry vision
6. Sores that are slow to heal
• Gestational Diabetes – Glucose can’t enter the cell
Gestational diabetes happens when a woman’s body does not use insulin well while she is pregnant. It raises the risk of type 2 diabetes and raises her child’s risk of getting diabetes.
Risk factor developing type 2 Diabetes
You may be at risk if you have:
• Family history of diabetes
• Older age of 45 years
• Have high blood pressure
• Overweight of BMI of >25kg/m2
Causes & Prevention of Diabetes is in the food. The food we eat is the major source of glucose. Over time diabetes may cause a high blood glucose level may cause many health problems including heart disease, blindness, kidney failure, foot sores, and amputation & nerves. Furthermore, diabetes may be able to cause stroke and even the need to remove the limb.
Prediabetes means that your blood sugar level is higher than its normal condition.
• Without weight loss and exercise (physical activity), 15-30% of people with prediabetes will develop type 2 of diabetes with 4-5 year
• It affects 35% of an adult age 20 & older.
• It can be a silent disease
• It usually has no symptoms
• High blood sugar level affects the eye, kidney & nerves causing serious health complications.
• It may increase the risk of stroke & heart disease by 50%.
Diabetes affects how your body turns food into energy. Managing diabetes can help to avoid health complications. To manage your diabetes:
• Meet blood sugar goals
• Meet blood pressure goals
• Meet cholesterol goals
• Eat Healthily
• Get regular physical activity
• Take proper medication if needed
• Get regular checkups
How do I prevent type 2 diabetes?
• Eat healthily
• Exercise every day to keep you active
• Lose your weight
Prevention of Diabetes:
Getting proper exercise, maintaining your body weight, and sticking to your healthy organic meal plan can help you controlling diabetes. You should also need to monitor your glucose level and take medicine if prescribed. Start making Healthier choices reduce salt intake to 1500mg per day. Eat plenty of fruits & vegetables, eat whole grain, eat brown rice, or eat whole white pasta. Eat popcorn vegetables or higher fiber crackers.
Food to Control Blood Sugar Level:
It is important to have the food you enjoy the most. You need to eat enough to get satisfied avoid overeating and unhealthy food choices. Here are some proven healthy diet plan to keep your blood sugar controlled and in check.
• Raw, cooked vegetables
Choose delicious low-carb vegetables such as mushroom
• Go Green beyond you salad you should also try spinach, kale, and chard
• Low calories drink; besides pure water try flavorful water mixed with veggies and fruit cut a cucumber or lemons put it in your water after adding ice cubes & enjoy the drink.
• 1 cup of melon or barriers composed of 15 grams of carbs
• Higher-fiber food
• A little fat
While cooking the food try using the best organic cookware because they are considered as the safest option to preserve nutrients & vitamins, cooking under temperature 86° is recommended. The main advantage of best organic cookware is that they are easy to clean you can maintain them easily they are not food reactive they did not leach the harmful chemical in your food, harmful chemical accumulates in arteries and block passageway of blood creating clots.
Keep an eye open for our next article of FOOD | HEALTH | EDIFICATION